The USANZ-hosted Functional Urology Symposium (FUS) was first held in 2015 and every two years thereafter, rotating between Sydney and Melbourne. The Symposium has increased in popularity, in terms of both delegate attendance and industry participation, since its inception and in 2019 attracted more than 250 participants. In 2019 FUS was held in conjunction with the Pan Pacific Continence Society meeting.
The FUS is held over two days, Saturday and Sunday, in July. It is a multidisciplinary meeting, inviting participation from doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and scientists working in functional urology.
Past programs have addressed the following themes:
- male and female incontinence
- overactive and underactive bladder
- pelvic organ prolapse surgery including robotics
- novel and minimally-invasive BPH treatment
- urodynamics and basic sciences