USANZ's approach to privacy
Personal information is information that identifies you or could reasonably identify you, such as your name, contact details, and records of your dealings with USANZ. Sensitive Information is a type of personal information which includes, among other things, details about your health and medical information.
Purpose for collecting personal information
USANZ collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to manage USANZ operations as the peak professional body for urologists in Australia and New Zealand;
- to assess and process applications for membership;
- to communicate and interact with its members, including to provide member benefits;
- to administer the Surgical Education and Training Program in Urology through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons;
- to organize conferences and continuing professional development events;
- to maintain its business records;
- to otherwise manage its business; and
- to carry out the activities above, as applicable, in its role as outsourced provider of secretariat services for the Australian and New Zealand Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons (ANZSCTS).
Types of personal information collected
USANZ collects the following types of information:
- Members: Name, contact details, payment details, information relevant to providing membership services, and USANZ's interactions with members;
- Surgical Education and Training Program in Urology Trainees: Name, contact details, and other information necessary to provide training to each trainee and administer the training program;
- Business contacts: Name, contact details and information necessary for conducting USANZ's relationship with business contacts; and
- Applicants for employment: Applications for employment and information from other appropriate sources, such as referees, about the applicant.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
USANZ may use your personal information to provide you with information about USANZ events, news, or information related to the industry.
You may elect to unsubscribe from USANZ news lists by clicking the 'manage your subscription' option at the footer of the enews emails or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USANZ may disclose your personal information to third parties including:
- service providers to USANZ, including Higher Logic, IT services, insurers, financial institutions, mailing houses, etc;
- business partners and peer professional organisations, including The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS, including as part of USANZ's involvement with the nSET Program in Urology), the Australian Urological Foundation Ltd (AUF), the Australian and New Zealand Association of Urological Surgeons (ANZAUS); and international associations where there is an agreement to provide benefits to USANZ members. ;
- professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities;
- conference or event organisers; and
- your authorised representatives.
Our community engagement platform is provided by Higher Logic, a United States company, which stores information on that platform in the United States.
Storage and security of your personal information
We may store your personal information in any combination of data storage facilities, cloud computing facilities, or paper based files which may be operated or held by us or by third party service providers. USANZ seeks to protect the security of your personal information. USANZ has in place security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information.
USANZ employees and agents are obliged to treat any personal information confidentially.
When access to a USANZ website or portal is restricted by requiring use of a secure login (e.g. your membership login), you must ensure that your password is not disclosed or made available to others. Please contact USANZ immediately if you become aware or have reason to believe there has been any unauthorised use of your personal information in connection with the website.
Access and correction
You can request access to, and correction of, personal information about you held by USANZ by contacting:
The Honorary Secretary
Suite 512, 180 Ocean Street
Edgecliff NSW 2027
If USANZ refuses access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. USANZ may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by USANZ.
USANZ is not obliged to correct any of your personal information if it does not agree that it requires correction and it may refuse to do so. If USANZ refuses a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing.
Questions and complaints
Last updated November 2019