Expression of Interest: UAA Young Urologist Fellowship 2021
USANZ is seeking Expressions of Interest from Members for the 2021 UAA Young Urologist Fellowship.
This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the UAA Young Urologist Fellowship Program will be held in conjunction with the UAA Virtual Congress 2021. The program will be entirely virtual and held on Saturday 21 August 2021 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm (Singapore Time). Access the Draft UAA-EAU Young Urologist Fellowship Program.
Since 2018, the UAA Young Urologist Fellowship has collaborated with the European Association of Asia to co-organize the UAA Young Urologist Fellowship Program. At least 3 internationally renowned guest faculty from the European Association of Urology (EAU) will be represented at the UAA-EAU Young Urologists’ Session and UAA will also provide complimentary first-year membership of the EAU to the successful nominees of the UAA Young Urologist Fellowship for 2021.
- One year membership of the European Association of Urology (EAU) with its attendant benefits of:
- Discounted registration for the EAU congress
- Subscription to the European Urology Journal and all educational resources of EAU
- Qualified urologists, within 10 years of receiving their urology degree.
- Must be a Full Member of their national/regional urology association.
- Fluent in English.
- Must not have received this fellowship program in the past.
Obligations of Nominees
- As it is a virtual session, the awardees are expected to be on a video mode for the entire session.
- A certificate of attendance signed by both Associations will be awarded after the Congress.
- Selected fellows will be invited to present and discuss interesting cases they learned in this session.
- The selected awardees will be expected to become Individual Members of UAA which can be completed on the UAA Website. Once completed, an acknowledgment will be provided which can be attached to your application form. You will also be expected to serve as a resource for future activities of the UAA and the Youth Section.
- Applicants must complete the application form and attach a colour head-shot photograph in jpeg format and submit this to the USANZ Office via email by 5:00 pm AEST Tuesday 13 April 2021.
- USANZ will verify the eligibility of applicants and can submit up to 6 applicants to the UAA. The shortlist of applicants will be ranked in order of merit as determined by USANZ and supplied to the UAA secretariat by 16 April 2021.
- Three applicants will be selected by the UAA from the shortlist of applicants from each member association. Vacant slots, if any, may be given to extra applicants from other member associations.
- The selection panel reserves the right to accept or reject any application at its discretion.