Expressions of Interest for RACS and RSE Advisory Committee Now Open
As part of their partnership with IMRA, RACS are forming an Advisory Committee to advise on the deployment and promotion of medical robotic surgery. RACS are now seeking expressions of interest to join the Advisory Committee and would like to advertise this opportunity to USANZ Members.
Expressions of Interest Now Open
Expressions of interest to join the RACS and Robotic Surgical Evolution Education Advisory Committee (Advisory Committee) are now open, with a closing date of Friday 27 October 2023.
Please see details below. If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete the application online.
What does the Advisory Committee do?
RACS and Robotic Surgical Evolution Education have agreed to collaborate on the development of programs to cover the breadth of training required to ensure competent robot-assisted surgeons. As part of the Agreement, RACS and RSE will form an Advisory Committee to advise on the deployment and promotion of medical robotic surgery.
The general objectives of the Advisory Committee are to:
- discuss issues facing RACS members in the use of and access to medical robotics surgery facilities and training;
- provide a forum to:
- identify and promote an evidence-based approach to robot-assisted surgery;
- discuss and agree future training program development strategy; and
- review course delivery and participation metrics, including enrolments, participant satisfaction and feedback,
- develop initiatives for:
- future training events, courses and workshops;
- international commercialisation of research and training outcomes for medical robotics surgery; and
- policy and expansion opportunities,
- assist in managing the relationship between RSE and RACS, including performance briefing, feedback, continuous improvement and innovation initiatives.
The Advisory Committee will report to RACS Council, through the Education Committee.
Who can apply?
RACS are seeking expressions of interest for the following roles:
- one (1) surgical Fellow with robot-assisted surgery knowledge
- one (1) surgical Fellow with surgical education and training experience
What is the commitment of a committee member?
Committee members can expect a commitment of quarterly meetings. Between meetings, members may be required to complete other tasks.
To submit your interest for the Advisory Committee, please complete the application online.
Applications close on Friday 27 October 2023.
For all enquiries regarding the EOI or Advisory Committee, please contact Hayley Allen via email.