Non-Accredited Surgical Registrar
Department of Surgery - Launceston General Hospital
Hours/Period of Appointment
Fixed term, full time, day work (with on call), working 80 hours per fortnight to commence 1 February 2021 until 6 February 2022. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Working with the Department of Surgery provides you with unique opportunities to develop your clinical skills whilst working in a range of settings. With these hands-on roles you will have:
- supervised elective and emergency theatre exposure
- surgical experience in a range of subspecialties
- varied and stimulating caseloads across a broad range of specialities that will assist in the development of strong practical skills
- increased access to Consultants for on-call, teaching and surgical cases
- support with preparation for formal surgical training applications
- opportunities for ongoing research
Positions are available at the Launceston General Hospital in the following specialties:
- ENT 12 months – 1 position
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 12 months – 1 position
- Orthopaedic Surgery 12 months – 1 position
- Urology 12 months – 1 position
- General Surgery 12 months – 2 positions
Combined positions available at request
Rotations will enable fulfilment of prerequisites for application to accredited training. All positions will have a requirement for general surgical night shifts, leave relief in other specialties and on call covering several specialties.
Most positions have supervision from accredited registrars.
For more information and to apply visit the website.