Visiting Medical Officer in Urology
Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital is seeking an experienced Urologist to provide high quality evidence-based clinical care to its Urology patients.
The position being offered is a VMO appointment, Fee for Service Contract from 2022 – 2027. In addition, a relocation package and subsidised temporary accommodation is available.
Located on the land of Kamilaroi/Gomeroi/Gamillaray people, Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital is the second largest hospital in HNE Health and the key referral hospital for much of the north western region of HNE Health. The hospital has five operating theatres currently in operation and is supported by a modern Cancer Centre, sophisticated diagnostic services, along with comprehensive community and outpatient services.
Key responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Provide direct care to adult and paediatric Urology patients requiring specialist clinical management.
- Operating theatre availability.
- Comply with evidence-based guidelines for the provision of high-quality clinical care.
- Coordinate referral to other specialist and subspecialties where indicated
- Supervise the clinical care being provided by the specialist registrars and other junior medical staff
- Provision of oncall services.
Apply via eCredential.
For more information:
For enquiries about this role, please email Cheryl Hayes.
Applications close Friday 2 December 2022.